Meditation is simple but can feel very difficult to begin with. Like with any positive habit that we want to establish in our lives, we need to set a clear intention, make a commitment and plan for regular practice. As you begin to practise meditation, you start to realise that time is actually not a concern – meditation can be as short as a single breath – plus you can learn to meditate everywhere, and anytime.
Learning meditation in a group is a great way to share questions, experiences and obstacles with each other. You will find that your mind not only has a life of its own but also likes to bring up thousands of reasons why you cannot meditate – in fact, every human being who has awareness can meditate.
The simple meditation training will gently guide you down this bumpy road of misperceptions and distractions and help you get started. No previous knowledge is required.
- 4 weekly 1-hour group trainings online
- Every session with guided meditations and recordings to practise on your own
- Different meditation techniques every week
- Individual sessions on request
Objectives and benefits
- Learning to deal with distractions in life
- Growing awareness
- Lengthening your attention span
- Reducing stress and anxiety
- Promoting emotional and physical health (and sleep)
Session 1: Intention – getting started
- What is meditation? What is mindfulness?
- Beginner`s mind
- Breathing meditation
Session 2: Attention
- Breath and body meditation
- Becoming aware of the monkey mind
- How to deal with waterfall experiences
Session 3: Awareness
- Object meditation
- Sound meditation
Session 4: Compassion
- Metta meditation
- Finding your personal practice (time, space and style)
George Peterburs & Lisa Brandner